samostan svete margarite pag

The construction of Pag’s Benedictine Convent of St. Margaret began right after the new town of Pag was established, as a memorial to the former church and convent in the Old Town.

kula skrivanat pag

Skrivanat Tower is the only remaining tower out of the 9 towers that defended the town of Pag. It was built in the 15th century and has been preserved in its original shape.

most katine pag

A new bridge that connects the new town of Pag with Prosika replaced the early 20th century concrete bridge. The bridge is a somewhat altered replica of an old Venetian bridge built in 1737 based on the design by renowned Venetian architect Giambattista Lodoli.

meridijan 15

The town of Pag already had one of the first sundials in Europe at the end of the 19th century. The marker for meridian 15 is roughly 5 km from Pag, on a macadam road, in a tract named after St. Mary Magdalene, with a marble marker set along the intersecting line.

magazini soli pag

The salt warehouses are structures in the monument category, situated opposite the town core at Prosika. They testify to utilitarian architecture of past times and the importance of salt production to Pag’s natives. The first three warehouses were built in the 17th century, while the other six were constructed during the second Austrian administration.

zborna crkva m arijina uznesenja u pagu

The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is situated on the main town square and is the most valuable monument of ecclesiastical architecture in Pag. The cornerstone was laid on 18 May 1443, marking the commencement of its long-lasting construction.