Sveti Vid (St. Vitus) is the highest peak on the island of Pag, 348 m above sea level. The small Church of St. Vitus was built there in the 14th century.

most katine pag

A new bridge that connects the new town of Pag with Prosika replaced the early 20th century concrete bridge. The bridge is a somewhat altered replica of an old Venetian bridge built in 1737 based on the design by renowned Venetian architect Giambattista Lodoli.

kula skrivanat pag

Skrivanat Tower is the only remaining tower out of the 9 towers that defended the town of Pag. It was built in the 15th century and has been preserved in its original shape.

zborna crkva m arijina uznesenja u pagu

The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is situated on the main town square and is the most valuable monument of ecclesiastical architecture in Pag. The cornerstone was laid on 18 May 1443, marking the commencement of its long-lasting construction.

samostan svete margarite pag

The construction of Pag’s Benedictine Convent of St. Margaret began right after the new town of Pag was established, as a memorial to the former church and convent in the Old Town.

The territory of northern Velebit was proclaimed a national park in 1999 due to the exceptional diversity of its karst phenomena, its rich biology and exceptional natural beauty on relatively small surface of 109 km2.